Wednesday, March 14, 2012

D.I.Y career

As a fashion student, I would dream about one day being paid huge amounts of money to flip through magazines and do a few sketches.

Surprisingly, this has turned out to be a really small part of the job. 'Fashion Designer' is  only one aspect of what I do.


This is what I am, I think............
fashion designer for women
fashion designer for little girls,
fashion blogger
milliner
couturier
pattern maker, cutter, machinist
small business owner
show room sales person
'do it yourself' website designer
(bad) accountant
marketing novice
cleaner

this is not quite what I thought my daily life would look like.

Have you invented your own career?

If you are a fellow blogger I'm sure you have. We just have to make it up as we go along.

And that is the best thing about it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post- you're right. As society does through metamorphoses, so do that careers that shape it. I used to be a vet, now a fashion blogger :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is different. I'll pop acros to check out yours now.

      Delete