Monday, April 18, 2011

anatomy of a skirt/school holiday madness


How does Stella McCartney get any thing done. Doesn't she have four young children?

How did Vivienne Westwood do it as a single mum with two small boys?

Well I have no effing idea.

School holidays are here and a whole term has flown buy. I have made four samples and attended a hand full of seminars and achieved not much else.

And to make me feel worse I watched the brilliant 'Paper Giants' last night about the amazing Ita Buttrose. She started Cleo magazine when her daughter was about 4, and her heartless husband left her when she was pregnant with their second child in the middle of it all!

I have no excuse.


I am booking in to do a Yarraville Market in May to test out my little girls range 'Sunshine & Daydreams' so at least I have something definite to work towards. 

And so an ambitious attempt at a making a sample  amongst the craziness of two little over excited girls was achieved today. Phew.






I wonder if Stella or Vivienne ever do laundry or entertain children when designing their ranges?



I have to make do with our dining table to cut on and slow domestic machines, as all my industrial machinery was sold when I closed Cicciolina down.

Anyway, I now have 5 samples done, so fingers crossed I can do it all by May.
Wish us luck.......

2 comments:

  1. A great goal: you must've been on a management course. Now I'll share your trials and tribulations with all the thousands of MY F/B friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill. Actually believe it or not I did study small business management as well as manufacturing. It's just the four years of sleep deprivation has done interesting things to my brain.
    Post a link to your blog so that I can add it to the blogs that I follow.

    ReplyDelete