Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yarraville Pop Up Park

Well, it's my first official day back at work for 2012.

It's going to be a big year for us with some orders coming in already, and I really must knuckle down and get sketching/planing/sampling etc etc etc blah blah blah.

But I'm already distracted.

I have to walk past our 'pop up' park every morning. The Yarraville council has very kindly put up a temporary park in one of our main streets. It's really hard to resist the urge to grab a sun lounger and coffee with what looks like all the other self employed people and mums and dads of Yarraville.



The grass runs along Ballarat street, past our 1930's Sun Cinema. (another distraction)




And people just can't get enough of it. All day people are enjoying coffees with family and friends, and at night locals use it as extension of our back yards and bring down dinner.

We also have our Yarraville festival this Saturday, which just happens to fall on my birthday.

Anyway, enough of being distracted by my distractions. I'm off to wipe the cobwebs off my sewing machines.

Hope to see you at the festival if you are in Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment