Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Goldie Jewellery Launch

I was so excited to be invited to the Goldie jewellery launch,(checkout their range here)at Surround in St Kilda. I was the very first person to RSVP (very uncool, mistake number 1)

In my previous life, I use to go to these sorts of things, but after about 10 years of being off the fashion radar, I was a self conscious nervous wreck. (mistake number 2)

At least I got my dress made in time, and Jennie looked the part in her Miss Moneypenny dress.


The jewellery was amazingly beautiful

Beautiful Bianca eyeing off 21st birthday present ideas.

And I spent the evening trying to not to get eye contact  with people I  used to know

How silly am I? I didn't speak to one person, not even the owners of Surround (check them out here), who had sent the invitation. Because of my social awkwardness, people probably think I'm an incredibly rude snob (big mistake number3)

How hard is it to actually go up to someone and shake their hand and introduce yourself?!?
Aaargh
I'm so mad at myself

Anyway, I have another thing to go to this Friday. Pozible's 3rd birthday party at Hub.

So I need a new dress, and a complete personality makeover.
Easy.
I'll let you all know how it goes.

8 comments:

  1. I was meant to attend too but couldn't in the last minute- glad you had so much fun, it's always to know others there :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you had been there. I would without hesitation introduce myself to my favourite fashion blogger! Next time.....

      Delete
  2. Really lovely blog! Great post!
    I follow you...
    if you want can find me on
    www.theblendstyle.blogspot.it
    xoxo from Milan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. A reader from Milan! I'm chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was supposed to visit but I was overseas, sad because I love Goldie. Don't be mad at yourself, there's always a next time so make that count :)
    LM
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, Lady Melbourne. Any advice from you is greatly appreciated.xx

      Delete
  5. I was at Surround the other week and check out the latest Goldie collection - beautiful stuff.
    I totally know what you mean about feeling awkward in those sort of situations...I always find it SO tough!!
    PS: Thanks for finding Checks and Spots and leading me back to your corner of the world. I'm so glad our paths have crossed...

    ReplyDelete